Thursday, November 22, 2007

The "Saviour" Has Finally Arrived

In one of my previous posts I discussed a "cryptic Save_Us" video that aired during an episode of WWE Raw. Each week when the video played it was edited to include more clues to help fans figure out who would be the "saviour". When those videos first started airing on Raw a few months ago, I knew who they pertained to, and let's just say they definitely got me excited. Finally, many episodes later, the "source" has been revealed (but it's not like there was actually anyone who didn't know who this was already).

On Raw Monday night Chris Jericho made his return to the wrestling world.


I must say that I had been looking forward to this day ever since he left the company in 2005. Though he wrestled in the now defunct WCW and ECW, I started following his career when he joined WWE in 1999.

At first his character was as annoying as could be, but over the years it developed into something much more. I give him a lot of credit for the fact that he could play such a role so perfectly--he was pretty obnoxious.

What I enjoyed most about his return on Monday was that it felt like he never left. The way he spoke and his mannerisms were just like they always were: over the top and energetic. He didn't skip a beat with his charisma and extreme flamboyance.

The great thing about when a fan-favourite, like Jericho, returns from an extended hiatus is that that person becomes a fresh face to the new wrestling fans but also makes the familiar fans happy once again. No matter which way you look at it, the return of Chris Jericho is beneficial to all.


--Photo from WWE.com

No comments: